Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little Red Wagon #31 - Altered Embelishment

Well... it is hump day again and this week is just flying by! The challenge this week is to alter an embelishment in some way or form... sometimes when searching through my stash I find I don't have the right colour of something or I just want something a little different! There are so many things that you can do now adays with Embellishments! You can colour brads, staples with copics, sharpies, or by embossing them. You can change the colour of your ribbons etc... for the card I created this week I wanted to give my brads a flocked look to them so I applied some glossy accents to my metal mini brads and dipped them into some yellow flock! See the picture below...

Now you must be wondering by now why I would want yellow flocked brads! Well the card below explains it all!!!

I wanted them for the centres of some flowers! I am looking forward to seeing all that you have to share this week with us! Please make sure to link up your projects below! Happy Scrapping!
Details for the card: Cricut cartridge - Straight from the Nest, Ribbon is PTI. Patterned paper is My Mind's Eye - glitter Home stack I cut the flowers twice and crumpled the second layer a little then pop dotted them off the first flower!



10 comments:

  1. Brilliant friend, can't wait to see all the fun creations!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have uploaded my card - I had to colour the hearts red to make them fit the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge. I colored my white embroidery floss orange to match my pp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge I've now used up the heart shapes of my metal things :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea for a challenge. It lets us share our different ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I could participate in this new (for me) challenge. I love to alter things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great challenge and I put my own spin on it. I made my own embellishment. I hope that's ok. Always love your challenges.

    ReplyDelete